<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 27, 2007


Something doable 


There are a number of bloggers I admire. I admire them for their succinct choice of words, for pulling a thought or emotion out of the air we share, expanding on it and making it live for all of us, for their sense of humour, for their plain diligence in keeping on blogging year after year. Some I admire for their astute political comment, some for their obvious love of hearth and home, some for their rabid rants and acidic commentary, some for their poetry - all for their desire to communicate with the world at large and their readership in particular. Most of them I could never hope to emulate.

But there is one that I really admire and who gives me something to aspire to that is almost doable One million footnotes compresses his philosophy into not much more than a line a day. They are thoughts that create mind pictures, small everyday passing threads that appear to us for an instant and then are gone. This guy captures them and blogs them and he's been doing it for years. The latest entry on his blog is number 1334 - now that's dedication!

So here's to you Geoff Hurd, I've tried to do it before, but I might give it another run - at least on the nights when my computer is working and I open it up. It does seem to be doable.


1. Sometimes her belly sat in her lap like an over-inflated football

Labels:


// posted by night-rider @ 9:45 pm #
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?