<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 12, 2006


Apology 


In an excess of emotion last night when I wrote the previous post, I somehow managed to forget that I have had one other member of my family come to visit. About 2 years ago my favourite - well ok only and favourite - nephew came to Darwin and stayed with his gorgeous wife and baby for a couple of days. I was over the moon at their visit as well and we had a great time. Why did I forget this? Well it seems the older you get, the more easily you remember things that happened at a further remove - my other friends visited 6 and 4 years ago but Tristo mate, I guess 2 years ago must fall into the short-term memory - well almost, I did remember this morning and feel very bad about it. Not that I think Tristo actually reads my blog, but well, I really enjoyed their visit and I just felt bad to think I'd been raving on and had temporarily forgotten about it.

My short-term memory is in fact increasingly awful. It's never been great, especially for things I read (and surprisingly I read all the time!). I'm sure it was at least 8 years ago that book-shop son told me he could see an advantage to my condition - "Soon mum, you'll be able to just have one book that you really love and read it over and over again." I've always remembered this comment at least and find it both amusing and comforting but you know what... I've got a horrible feeling I might have told you about it some time quite recently. Now the thought of writing the same thing over and over... that's really scary!

// posted by night-rider @ 10:42 pm #
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?