<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 13, 2006


Comment on cranky! 


I received this comment today from a friend via email and thought it very funny.

Your blog entry (may have been thought by some to be extreme) but I thought it was a clear and precise commentary on customer service – I had an extra mobile phone number that was costing me 10 bucks a month but I did not have the heart to call Telstra and go through the agonies of waiting and hoping. In the end, I did not pay me bill which resulted in a call from a cso and I organised for her to remove the unwanted service at the time of paying up.

You need to remember a couple of things:

Invariably those organisations that have the greatest ‘emphasis’ on customer service and spend the most on ‘training’ their staff in customer service – banks, telcos, insurers, Qantas – are the worst in actually giving it.
As I have probably mentioned to you before, you need to think of the telcos as criminal organisations – Telstra is the Italian mafia – crooked but you are used to it in the neighbourhood; Optus I like to think of as the Chinese Tongs – on the scene for a while but still bloody; Vodaphone are the Cubans, and there are lots of little street gangs around. I am still waiting in terror for the telco equivalent of the Russians.

The old faithfuls of customer service – DJs, the Law Book Co, NRMA have gone to Gowings so far as customer service is concerned – being run by ‘mamagers’.

I can still promise quality customer service at (name of his shop) – but only if I, or (a couple of trusted employees) are there.


At least they think highly enough of you at work to pay for your mobile.

Note from me:
*I still have to pay for any personal calls on it but at least I've got the computer unfouled from its influence for now!

*Brackets replace some sections to protect the innocent






// posted by night-rider @ 6:29 pm #
Comments:
Hey Lady!...I'm back in the blogging world....finally...No more Daisy-Just plain ole' Charity!

Come by and say Hi!

Hope you are well!
 
Hey there Kay! Been kind of worrying over you for the past week or so since hubby mentioned hearing something about a major cyclone near Darwin. I'm trying to get back to posting at least once a week now that the little bub is doing a little better -but then there's the thrill of crawling and Mum having to chase after a very fast little V.J.

Hope everything's well with you.

HR Mommy
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?