<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 28, 2005


useful household items 


Something I read on another blog started me thinking about useful household items. I'm not big on gadgets and probably have less than half the appliances deemed necessary by my contemporaries but it's the small, useful bits 'n' pieces that give me real and lasting pleasure and those that don't work or become unused clutter cause me everyday angst.

Good stuff:
A wine opener that gets the cork out first time
A can opener that goes all the way around the can without catching and slipping

I've just spent 4 days camping so these invaluable camping tools come to mind-
The black metal hook with handle that is so useful around a campfire
The cheap, portable gas cooker with disposable gas bottle - so light and easy to transport
The fold-up camp grill plate with legs
Those zip-lock plastic bags in three convenient sizes

The cheap plastic toilet brush in a holder that allowed it to fall out every time the floor was mopped and drove me insane for 5 years that I've just replaced with a $4 version in a holder that... well holds it!

What household gadgets can you not live without?

// posted by night-rider @ 3:38 am #
Comments:
My favorite household item is a cleaning item. Don't know if they carry anything similar in Australia. Clorox disinfecting wipes -they're a lot like the wet wipes you use on a baby's bottom only they're made for cleaning surfaces. They're convenient and disposable and don't leave you wiping germ infested sponges over your kitchen and bathroom.

HR Mommy
 
Microwave. I wouldn't be able to eat at home without it.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?