<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 15, 2005


Update on the great gamehouse fiasco 


Yes, a week after I first tried to order scrabble online, GameHouse is still stuffing me around. Here's the latest.

=========Customer Comments=====================
Thu Jul 14 03:34:26 PDT 2005
Hi Keith, I thought I might have heard back from either you or your fraud department or perhaps been told my purchase had gone through. Can you tell me when I might get a positive reply please?
========== End Comments ==========================

====== Support Response ======
Thu Jul 14 10:10:41 PDT 2005
Hello,

Your order was accepted and sent to you. Your order just needed a manual review (like the email stated)

--Keith--
GameHouse Customer Support

So now I've written yet again to the beautiful Keith letting him know I haven't received any receipt, confirmation or licence code and perphaps I'm just stupid, but could he please explain how I am supposed to activate the game!!!!

"A manual review (like the email stated)" eh? I thought the email clearly stated that my order was being sent to their fraud department. I was told in no uncertain terms not to try to order again before the problem was resolved. And lo and behold, I get this terse response but still no receipt or details to enable me to activate the game.

So, who cares, this jousting match is becoming much more entertaining than scrabble!

// posted by night-rider @ 6:42 pm #
Comments:
I've been noticing lately that stores (virtual and otherwise) and businesses have seemed to develop a new criteria for customer service and tech support personnel. Apparently one must be a dimwitted ass completely incapable of being helpful by even the wildest stretch of the imagination in order to secure said job. At least that's been my recent experience. And clearly yours.

7 weeks to go before baby shows up. Hope all is well with you.

HR Lady
 
I hope it works out for you. I rarely buy anything online because I like being able to walk into a local shop when there's a problem and strangle them! :)
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?