<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 13, 2005


The great gamehouse fiasco 


I'm a bit nervous about purchasing over the internet. Being of the 'older' generation and knowing I don't understand much about how it works or how fraud might be enabled, I tend to shy away from it. But occasionally, when needs or desires dictate, I do pluck up my courage and do it - give my credit card details to some anonymous website with a little gold lock symbol and hope for the best.

The response I've received to my latest foray into cyberspace has not filled me with confidence. I thought Gamehouse was a pretty big show- I thought I'd probably be safe- I thought I'd be enjoying a game of scrabble instantly! Instead, here's the official summary of my Gamehouse experience... and I still don't have the game!

Thanks Gamehouse. Thanks Keith. Thanks bloody internet, bloody shopping, bloody credit card...

Date Opened: Jul 11, 2005
Original Description:

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

Me: I've had three tries to order scrabble at your website and each time get the
answer unable to complete order. Can you tell me why. I do have a valid
credit card. Cheers

Bug History:

====== Support Note ======Mon Jul 11 07:25:27 PDT 2005 - Keith: Assigned To Keith====== End Support Note ======
====== Support Response ======
Mon Jul 11 07:25:27 PDT 2005
Hello,

Recently we have implemented new security features on our store to help prevent credit card fraud. Unfortunately, this is stopping some valid orders from coming through. Since you have contacted us and do appear to have a valid credit card, please let me know the last 8 digits (no spaces) of your card number and your address and I can then unban your card from our store and you can then place a new order.

Keith
-GameHouse Support

===============================

=========Customer Comments=====================
Mon Jul 11 15:38:10 PDT 2005
number supplied
address supplied
NT
Australia ========== End Comments ==========================

====== Support Response ======
Tue Jul 12 09:09:19 PDT 2005

Hello,

Your card has been granted access to our store. Please place a new order.

--Keith--
GameHouse Customer Support



===============================

=========Customer Comments=====================
Tue Jul 12 17:48:54 PDT 2005
Hi Keith, Far from resolved, I'm now being 'referred to your fraud department'. Here's the response I got to placing my order - I'm not happy! "Thank you for your order. Your payment information is being verified.
Your financial institution was unable to verify your personal information.
For your protection, your order has been forwarded to our Fraud Detection Department.


Please do not attempt to place this order again.
You will not be allowed to place another order until your pending order has been resolved.

Upon verification of your payment information, an email receipt will be sent to your email address.
Your receipt will include all the information you need to download and register your games"


========== End Comments ==========================

// posted by night-rider @ 10:26 am #
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?