<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 14, 2005


Gunlom Falls camping 


Sweet sweat

Gunlom Falls is about 3 hours drive south of Darwin, in Kakadu National Park. I spent the long weekend camping there, swimming in the natural pools.

The camping area is located at the bottom of the falls where a sheer rock face edges a large pool about 14 metres deep. At this time of year, the falls are a mere trickle and a steep half hour walk up a track around the falls leads you to a series of pools at the top of the escarpment. Here you can enjoy magnificent views over the flood plain or a walk along the sandy creek leading into the top pools.

How lucky are we to have this wonderful place almost in our backyard.

// posted by night-rider @ 10:45 pm #
Comments:
Have I mentioned how jealous these lovely photos are making feel? Sigh.

And hey, my email address is on my blog. I'm not going anywhere. I count you as one of my blogging buddies, and I tend to keep those. But not in a stalking duct tape sort of way. :)
 
They are making me jealous, too! Stop it! Stop showing me these beautiful vacation spots that I cannot escape to!!!

Okay...I know you are not talking about me a few post down because i have not...NOT... been ignoring your e-mails! Are you not getting mine or what? I just got back from my long trip away from home and I thought you knew that?? So, I'm checking on here because I know that you will get this.

What's the deal?
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?