<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 01, 2005


Sorry dream state 


Hey ho, another day another dollar as they say. Last night, after posting that pathetic quiz, I thought of two interesting blog posts I could have made. I thought about opening up again and writing but was just too tired. I'm sure all bloggers can identify when I say that tonight I haven't the faintest idea what I intended to post about. Next time I will at least write down a reminder!

Tonight I intended to check a couple of my favourite links before posting, but blogger is doing something ridiculous - seems I've read a few complaints about various problems lately - and all my links are missing. How reliant we are on links - now I either have to wait till blogger gets its act together or try to remember your web addresses!

From me, seeing I've totally forgotten the 'fascinating' things I intended to post about, you might have to make do with a dream I had yesterday. Now I know other people's dreams are about as fascinating as bat shit, but I found this one quite disconcerting - enough that I wrote it down in the morning and I don't usually go anywhere near the computer while I'm getting ready for work. Any dream analysts out there who can interpret for me? My child's name has been changed, but he knows who he is.

28.2.05

BAD DREAM

I was at Thirroul Beach with Zachary. He was about 5 but I was my present age – old enough to be his grandmother. It was early morning. Zac had been doing a project for school and I was to go to school with him and help present the class that day. We were in a house I don’t recognise but which seemed in the context to be where we lived - an old weatherboard house with broad floorboards and not much furniture. I needed to present my version of the project as well.

While Zac was finishing his project, I was rushing to get mine ready. The theme was ‘what I did on my holidays’ and I was leafing through the photo album, selecting photos which I intended to use with captions. It was almost time to leave for school, my project wasn’t finished and between pasting copies of photos and captions into a project book, I was calling out to Zachary to get his stuff together as we had to rush.

Charging out the door, I held Zac’s hand in mine, my project book in the other, and he was carrying a small, brown Globite suitcase.

We set off down the street and soon became hopelessly lost. How this could be when I knew the walk -between Thirroul and Austinmer where he went to school- so well, I didn’t understand. We rushed hither and thither with me getting progressively more and more lost.

Finally I went into a Real Estate Agent’s office. He was one I used to work for, an old fuddy-duddy guy by the name of Noel. Strangely in the dream his office was in Thirroul rather than Austinmer. There were a couple of new salesmen sitting around and I asked them if they could direct me. After several abortive attempts for them to tell me the way, I finally spied a map on the wall and asked if they could make a copy and mark the route.

Just then Noel appeared and he made a copy and marked the way on the map – but it took forever, which if you knew Noel you would understand. I was starting to get a bit upset at this stage. Hours had past; I knew we’d be very late for school. While I’d been trying to get directions, Zachary had gone into another room – I think he was watching TV.

Eventually, we set off with the map, but even then, I got hopelessly lost. We ended up going back to Noel and I begged for his help. He walked with us but got ahead somehow, Zac was getting tired and I was at my wits end and very upset but trying to hide it. We sat down on a wall to rest and I was apologising to Zachary for stuffing everything up so badly.

Then someone came up behind us. It was Zachary's Dad. The first I knew he was there he bent down and covered my forehead with kisses. I looked up in surprise. Then it all came out and I wailed and cried. He packed us into his car – an old bus we used to have 20 years ago – and we drove off. Unfortunately the way he was going was not the direction in which Noel had disappeared. Now I had Noel on my conscience as well. He’d been kind, tried to help and now we’d gone off and left him wandering the streets. Would he be worried? How long would he look for us?

It was now 5pm. I’d been lost all day. I was unfit to take care of a small child – maybe even myself. I knew then that I had Alzheimers.

// posted by night-rider @ 8:47 pm #
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?