<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 23, 2005


big black blog-hole 


Today is a bad, bad day. Today is the day when the anonymity of the blogging world has come back to bite me on the bum. I've made a couple of really good friends in blog land -people whose ideas I connect with on a very personal level- and I guess you just go on forever thinking they'll always be there waiting for you to log on. Do you know their home address or phone number? No. Do you even know their email address? No. So what do you do when they suddenly disappear?

One of my dear friends has disappeared. She said she wouldn't be able to blog anymore and that's it. I can't even console myself with reading her old posts. Her whole blog - years of work, personal history, stories and sharing has simply gone - fallen into a big black hole.

I feel like a close friend has moved away and not left a forwarding address and I don't know why.

My imagination runs away with me. Has something happened to her children or her husband? Did she lose her blog in a blog-host failure and was just too discouraged to start all over again? Has she made a pact with God to give up the thing she most enjoyed in life apart from her family? If she just stopped, that would be bad enough - but for her blog to not be there anymore... that seems really sinister.

Anyway my friend, you've become very dear to me. I hope everything is ok in your world and there is some rational explanation but it makes me very sad we can't communicate any more. I've left my email address for you somewhere I hope you will find it. Would it be outside the rules of whatever pact you've made to email me? I do hope not and hope to hear from you soon.

I wasn't even going to open the computer tonight. Now I wish I hadn't.

// posted by night-rider @ 9:43 pm #
Comments:
ok...you've made me cry....

I am so sorry.

I would love to e-mail you but where can I find it? Any hints?
 
I found it. An e-mail is on its way.
 
I stumbled upon Daisy's blog one day... she then led me to yours. I also wondered if something might me amiss.

Daisy: I saw you made a comment here. Your blog is missed!
 
Nightrider, where are you? Missing you ...
 
Hi everyone, Thanks for your comments. I'm on holidays and have only intermittent use of computer -back home next week. Christi, Daisy says there is nothing serious amiss. Seems her absence from our lives is just a personal decision but one regretted by many of her readers I'm sure.
 
A
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?