<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, February 17, 2005


Notes 


Great movie girls!

It's the most romantic, loveliest, saddest movie I've ever seen. Have you seen The Notebook? Daisy -this is specially for you, if you haven't seen it, just rush right on out and hire the DVD, but have the tissues handy - I was sobbing!

Get fitter
As part of my get-fitter campaign, I'm thinking of buying a pedometer. A guy at work has one and I was having a look at it yesterday. I read somewhere that we should walk 10,000 steps a day to stay healthy. That's quite a lot of steps but I think it would be beneficial to know how many you have walked in a day to inspire greater effort.

Money to burn
I paid $40 today for a repairman to come and fix my dishwasher. As well as staying in all morning waiting for him, I felt a complete idiot and it was a total waste of money. He turned on the powerpoint, pressed all the buttons and everything was working perfectly. Reckons he's never heard any other customer complain of the same problem. Three days ago, a loud electronic alarm was going off in my kitchen and driving me crazy. It took me quite a while to work out where it was coming from which I did by a process of elimination. The dishwasher was my last option because I wasn't even using it at the time; it was just switched on at the powerpoint. After quieting the alarm, I switched it on again (alarm again) off again then on again. No alarm this time but when I tried to re-program it, it started to fill, then stopped completely and I was getting no reaction at all from the buttons. So I turned it off again at the powerpoint and waited three days for the repairman. His only possible explanation was that a cockroach or gecko might have got into the panel where the control board lives and short-circuited something and now that it had 'dried out' everything was working again.! At least he only charged me half the agreed callout fee - but I could tell he thought I was a froot loop!

I'm Yellow
Not as in a coward - though it's true I'm not overly brave- but in the Hermann Brain Dominance Instrument. We got a free personality profile as part of a course I did this week. Seems I'm right brain dominant which will not come as any surprise to those who know me, even going back as far as my high school maths master who begged me to take art instead of maths in my senior years! I spent two days being singled out for my remarkably 'high yellow' score and being made fun of for my total lack of a blue score. Yellow denotes conceptualising, synthesising, imagination, holistic and artistic way of thinking while blue denotes problem-solving, mathematical, technical, analytic and logical thinking. My other high score was in the red zone - emotional, interpersonal, spiritual, talker zone. I scraped a pass in the green zone - planning, controlled, conservative, administrative and organisational - about to the standard of making shopping lists and putting the groceries away as soon as I bring them home -but if you'd seen the characters that scored well in this zone you'd be amazed. They basically think in to do lists! Anyway it was all a bit of fun and a change from the normal work routine for a couple of days.

Frogger My pet green tree frog has returned to visit me each night and he is so bold now he just jumps right up and sits next to my chair.

Daisies
Finally, I was thinking about my blogger friend who goes by the name of Daisy and that made me think, what is it with me and Daisies? One of my favourite books ever was 'Princess Daisy', I had a dog called Daisy, we carried posies of them at my best friend's wedding and I wonder how many others of you remember and loved this song whose chorus went:

I'll bring you a daisy a day dear,
I'll bring you a daisy a day,
I'll love you until,
the rivers run still,
and the four winds we know blow away.

// posted by night-rider @ 10:28 pm #
Comments:
I have a pedometer. It's a digital one that I got from Wal-Mart for about three dollars. It seems to work fine, but I discovered I actually have to walk for it to work ... That's just not right.

I took that Hermann thing once. Turned out I was plaid. :)

I've not heard that song before, but I would like to. What is its name?
 
Oh My Gosh...that is so sweet! Thank you! I watched the Notebook and L-o-v-e-d it! Loved, loved, loved it!

My favorite part is when she gets out of her car with her suitcase to be with "you know who" at the end of the movie and she looks up on the balcony and just shrugs her shoulders at him....like, "Well, here I am....what can I do? I simply can't not be with you!" So sweet.

I've never heard that song, but I want to. I love daisies myself, simply because they are beautiful in their own right. Not too frilly! And they have great staying power! A daisy will live in a vase forever!

Thank you, Night Rider...I will have a hard time ever giving up my blog because I will miss you so much!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?