<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, February 19, 2005


Love songs 


Even though I'm a blogger, I'm not really a keen internet user, it's all just a bit too big, a bit too much information, and I often find myself lost. However, looking for the words to Daisy a Day (below) started me thinking about other love songs I've loved and I went looking for them as well. You know how it is when you can remember a line or two or a snatch of music and wish you could find all the words? So here's a list of songs of my life - maybe some of them are songs of your life too. I found the lyrics to all of them and a couple had the music as well.

"I'm so Excited" and "Slow Hand" -both sung by The Pointer Sisters
"Could I have this Dance" - Hear the music here and the lyrics are on COWPIE Song - sung by Anne Murray
"I know him so well" -from the musical Chess- sung here
"Tonight I celebrate my love for you" - Roberta Flack and Peabo Bryson
"The first time ever I saw your face" and "Killing me softly" - two more from Roberta

I might add to this list from time to time now I've got started - already I'm thinking - "Love lifts us up where we belong", "The Rose", and the one that makes my more sophisticated friends groan "Wind beneath my Wings".

DVD REVIEW: Looking for a gentle, girlie movie? Girl with a Pearl Earring fits the bill. A slow sensuous and understated emotional journey - filmed in painterly colours and scene construction as befits its subject - the painter Vermeer

Goodnight. May love's shadow whisper a kiss on your cheek tonight and your favourite love song become the soundtrack to your dreams.

// posted by night-rider @ 10:46 pm #
Comments:
Chess is one of my favorite musicals, but this is the first time I've heard anyone else even mention it! I have the original soundtrack to Chess. Of the songs, my favorties are "Nobody's Side," "You and I," and "Pity the Child."
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?