<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, February 01, 2005


Hello, hello! 


HELLO is still not letting me log in and I did want to share some holiday snaps with you. I've wasted so much time tonight uninstalling, installing, trying to open a new account, sending yet another help request... if this continues I may be forced to find another free photo host - any suggestions out there?

So...

My plants lived on nothing but rainwater for 4 weeks - continued neglect for the past two has murdered basil..............................................

Why does the brilliant focus and awe of unfamiliar things fade so quickly once they become commonplace?...............................................

Do a gecko's eyes grow on stalks and swivel around or was something sinister attacking my gecko?...........................................................

Reading:

The whole business with Kiffo and the Pitbull by Barry Jonsberg- hilarious 'laugh out loud' read, probably targeted at senior high school students and surprisingly, the debut novel of a Darwin school teacher. The central character and narrator is the most wickedly intelligent, humorous and sophisticated yet sensitive high school girl you'll ever meet. It's a good yarn and very well-written.

Windchill Summer by Norris Church Mailer (Mrs Norman Mailer to you). A big, meaty novel that holds your attention right through. The Observer said: This is an impressive, ambitious debut in which Church Mailer successfully marries a thriller to a coming-of-age novel. Confidently plotted, the novel's initial easy pace builds to a strong climax when the Vietnam war is brought brutally back home." I agree. Well worth a read.

// posted by night-rider @ 1:13 am #
Comments:
Try using www.flickr.com. We use it here in the states. I'm a new reader, friend of Daisy's.
 
You give me hope, Night-rider...that I can end up really cool after the "mommy days" are over!
(Wait?..are those ever really over?)

Anyway, I don't know who my friend is above (nice to know I have them, though!), but their advice is good. If you can use "flickr.com"-it's a great service that has worked well for me.

Good luck! Can't wait to see your pics.
 
Hey there! I used Hello again a couple of days ago, and it worked okay, but it did do an update. I hope your problem gets worked out. I'd like to see those photos.
 
Hey night-rider! It's Adam here to say thank you for ur message and I can understand your love of Roebuck bay - it's pretty nice. I'm in perth now, but I'll be back there later this year. In regard to your problems, I can only suggest geocities because I have been using them for years with no problem. I have no other wisdom!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?