<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, January 23, 2005


The Waifs 


Finally I got to see 'The Waifs'. I've been entranced by this folk/blues group since my youngest son gave me their CD for Christmas 2003 and last night they came to Darwin and didn't disappoint. What a great group live. They come across as excellent musicians with an energetic and powerful performance. Discovery nightclub would not have been my choice of venue but the place was packed to capacity and the crowd went wild for the music. Fantastic!

So, inspired, I penned my version of a waif-like song today. I have a friend who is always encouraging me to write some lyrics he can put to music, so tomorrow ... They don't rhyme or scan terribly well but it's a start, maybe my musical friend can help (and hey I'm being very brave sharing them with you so don't be too critical)

Well, OK, it sounds nothing like a waifs' song! - Constructive comments including re-writing encouraged.



Greener grass


I'm movin' out and driftin' on
The grass it looks much greener
On the other side of town


Ch: Think girl
take it slow
hold it in your heart
look to those you love
'cause one day that road runs out


Babies made and lovers left
eyes on the horizon
seeking, looking, staring, leaving
moving, always moving on


Ch


I've no time for retrospection
Looking back's a type of death
Gotta make a mile today
and search for my release


Ch


A glance over my shoulder
and now I see what's real
Those green fields shine
in the sunlight
of all the love
I left behind


Ch


// posted by night-rider @ 9:13 pm #
Comments:
I like it. Wish I could hear it.

Yes, I'm back. :) And all these lovely entries for me to read. A happy sigh.
 
glad you had a good time..there's nothin' like live music to whip us back into shape for another week!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?