<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, December 10, 2004


Christmas card toll 


25 sent - 7 received plus two phone calls in lieu of cards. It's only 10th December, so there's still time. Unfortunately one of those received is from a person I dropped from the list this year - doesn't that always happen!

Best card so far: The home-made one with a tiny little uplifting poem on the front

Most boring: Well none really, these people all made the effort

Most embarrassing: The one sent to me and the former partner from the person I'd dropped from the list - Now the late card and the embarrassing explanation to go with it!

Most interesting: The one from the woman I used to work with in 1983. Haven't seen her for about 15 years but every year we send each other a Christmas card giving a complete update on the year's doings for our families. This has included the whole growing up history of her two boys, one of whom I've never met. I'm sure if we saw each other tomorrow we'd still be as good a friends as we were when we saw each other every day.

Da..dah!!!! ... and my person favourite... this year's most bizarre card came from the 95 year old father and 80 year old stepmother of my former partner with a very nice note from her saying they were very sorry to hear etc... always welcome etc. etc. I would not have thought this woman had an ironic bone in her body but the face of the card showed santa sitting on his sleigh on top of two rockets, with Rudolph about to light a match to the fuse. Rudolph's speech balloon trumpeted "Trust me". It was so appropriate to the situation it completely cracked me up.


// posted by night-rider @ 4:38 pm #
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?