<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 17, 2004


Procrastination 


Okay, so the truth is, I just don't have anything to say so I've been procrastinating about blogging.

It's been a pretty good day. I got my tax records in order so I can make an appointment to see the tax man. I don't know why I procrastinate about this every year. For God's sake, alll the necessary bits of paper are all together in a filing box, it's not that complicated - not like I'm a multinational or something - and when I eventually drag myself screaming and protesting to do it, it takes like an hour and a half. I think I just hate numbers and hate authority; don't want to put pen to paper and declare something that might not be quite right to the scary taxation department, so I have to add everything up 3 times and check and double check that every cent of interest is accounted for - and believe me we are talking cents here - my main working account earned the grand total of 89 cents interest this year! So anyway, having overcome this major procrastination, I felt good.

I found a job I liked the look of in the paper last Saturday and thought I might apply for it. Today was the final day I could have done so but I procrastinated myself right out of any chance of being rejected on that one. Well I wasn't sure I wanted it and it was more important to do my tax and...so on. It's so easy to find excuses to procrastinate.

I want to make Christmas cards but am uninspired this year so what do I do - nothing, I procrastinate. If I procrastinate long enough, well I'll just run out of time and, oh dear, what a shame, I'll just have to send out the commercial variety.

I'm annoyed with myself. About time I got off my bum and did all the things I promise myself I will do.

Well at least I made a blog entry and tomorrow is a fresh slate, just waiting to be procrastinated on!


// posted by night-rider @ 11:30 pm #
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?