<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, October 30, 2004


This perfect day 


Today I had the best day so I'm bringing it to you in detail. It might sound a little slow; a little boring to you, but think and imagine while you read and see if you can feel the peace; the simple pleasure of my life.

I got up at 10am. Okay, this is self-indulgent I know, but it was a really good, restful sleep.

After taking a cup of tea and my latest girlie novel to my balcony, I sat for an hour or so, reading, listening to the birds, marvelling at the clear sky after the hugest electrical storm last night. Checking out the debris of fallen palm fronds and broken branches in the park opposite and watching a pair of brilliantly coloured dollar birds defending their nest against all comers.

I gave the unit a leisurely sweep, decided against putting on a load of washing and set off to do a couple of shopping chores and visit the local markets for brunch.

A strong espresso and a prawn kebab later I was chatting and laughing with On, my favourite Thai masseuse, while she gave me a 20 minute (for the price of 10 minute) neck massage. Then across to buy a seafood Laksa (a bargain at $5.50) to take home, and a milkshake sized fresh lime, watermelon, mango, pineapple and orange juice blended with ice to drink while I checked out the other stalls. The lovely young Thai girl who always makes my juice gives me a 50c discount on the regular price of that.

I found ripe Irwin mangoes (my absolute favourite and only available for a few short weeks), bought a kilo and got an extra one 'thrown in' while I was chatting to the grower about last night's damaging storm.

Then I found a wonderful hand-made Christmas gift and once again, had a nice chat to the gorgeous young man who travels around Australia with his fantastic creations, selling them at festivals. Darwin is his dry season home and he's off this week to Adelaide and Melbourne for the summer.

Bought a couple of canvases on the way home just in case I feel creative tomorrow.

Then home to enjoy the special buzz of the spicy laksa before a long chat to my mum on the phone while I did a couple of week's ironing.

Another relaxing read and a cuppa on the balcony before I took off in the sunset for a long walk, listening to a wonderful indigenous art program on radio national while I walked and stopped every now and again to take photos.

Watched a program about Queen Victoria on TV while I made (and ate) a self-indulgent dinner of steamed fresh asparagus with fresh pane de casa bread and sharp cheddar cheese on the side, topped off nicely by two glasses of merlot and a couple of cool water.

The temperature is blood heat now with a cool breeze and I'm at my computer, chatting to you my loyal readers.

That's my perfect day. Hope yours was just as nice.

// posted by night-rider @ 10:07 pm #
Comments:
I feel more relaxed just reading about your day!
 
oh...my...goodness

I re-lived that day with you and found that we must be kindred spirits or such.

You experienced my "ideal day"!

I'm so jealous!
 
Oh wow. That sounds great. We all need some days like that.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?