<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, October 28, 2004


Losing 


It may seem of small consequence when you think of the emotional pain involved, but many people complain of the property they have lost when a long-term relationship breaks down. Maybe it's a symptom. Something concrete to complain about when feelings are just too painful or too personal to discuss.

The record collection is a biggie. Family photographs; holiday souvenirs of emotional significance to both parties; furniture, once shared that has to be replaced by at least one party. But I'm here to tell you that, with three significant relationship break-ups in my history, and although I've lost many valued items in the process, the one that strikes me most is that I always end up losing the damn tools! Just 'cause he's a man he seems to think the tools are his! Maybe he used to use them the most - or maybe he didn't, but somehow, the tools always stay on the male side of the break-up ledger.

I'm not a big 'tools' person. But everyone needs a couple of screwdrivers, a hammer, a pair of pliers or two and some kind of saw - not to mention glue, picture hooks and all those other bits and pieces that in my house always occupy the third drawer in the kitchen. And the one that cripples me the most is the shifting spanner. They are pretty expensive for what they are and so far I've lost 4 medium size, 1 small size and a bloody whopper I got for fixing the kitchen drain!

Oh well - back to the hardware store!

// posted by night-rider @ 10:34 pm #
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?