<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, October 13, 2004


Bloggers, thinkings and MSG 


Blog visitors: Hello to all my new blogger friends, either map-pinners or commenters. It's so great to have this two-way dialogue. Check out these latest links - Frenzied feline who is a self-confessed right-wing conservative from the USA (but we won't hold that against her) - she gives you a peek into community life in her part of the world and posts some great photos as well on her photo blog. Two other recent visitors are Erudite Redneck; and Bullish, posting from Manilla - welcome guys.

Thinking: Does anybody know whether "Dolly" is a real girl's Christian name, or is it a nick-name or common abbreviation for some other name - in the same way as Nell was a common abbreviation of Helen in my parents' generation?

Malls: I've been having an enjoyable comments dialogue with Frenzied feline about malls and must say I do agree with her final assertion that they don't put enough doors in malls - so you always end up passing a lot more shops -with more opportunities to spend- than you need to while searching for an exit.

MSG: I think I have an allergy to MSG. Occasionally I wake up with a headache, dry eyes and nausea and can't figure out why until I realise I have eaten something the previous evening that may have contained MSG. Artificial sweetener has a similar (though much more instantaneous effect). Since I rarely feel unwell at all, I have to put this down to something. Last night I attended the opening of a student art exhibition at the local Uni. There was lots of tempting finger/dippy type food on offer, in which I obviously over-indulged. I'm guessing some of those yummy foods containing Thai sweet chilli sauce or salsa might have had the odd splash of MSG on board. Do any of you have food allergies that cause such obvious reactions (without being of the swell up and almost die kind of obvious)?



// posted by night-rider @ 1:36 pm #
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?