<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, October 20, 2004


Animals 


Yesterday I saw a 3 foot goanna being pursued across a road by a vengeful plover - wish I could have got a photo to share with you. The poor goanna was running for its life, casting anxious glances skyward over its shoulder while the plover screeched, dived and pecked at it. It was a very funny sight in a sad kind of way. If you've ever seen a pee-wee chasing an eagle, you'll get the picture and the drama. Brave things little birds aren't they? Mind you, plovers have the most vicious spurs or spikes on their wings. A photographer friend showed me some close-ups he'd taken of a plover trying to attack him and I tell you what, I wouldn't have been staying around to take the photos.

Last night -in the wee small hours when I contemplate life from my first floor balcony- a black cat crossed my path. Well I was sitting and the cat walked along the footpath across my line of vision. Does that count? Hope not, 2004 hasn't been a great year so far and I don't want any more bad luck. Fortunately I haven't broken any mirrors or walked under any ladders lately.

There is something about a black cat in the dark; a deeper shadow moving noiselessly into the light, stalking, proud as a queen- she owns the night.


// posted by night-rider @ 10:55 am #
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?