<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, September 29, 2004


Hooray for map pinners! 


I got sick of checking my map (you'll find it at the top of the side-bar; just click for entry!) because no-one ever seemed to pin it, then today I discovered that three more people have done so since I last looked. It's quite silly how exciting it is to find someone's been prepared to put a message and their location on your map. Thanks heaps to Harmless from USA (does SC stand for South Carolina?), Paul from Great Britain (Leeds) and Adam from Western Australia (sure Adam, leave a message on the blog if you are heading to Darwin anytime and I'll show you the sights!). Harmless is already linked in my side-bar. He and his wife Daisy (also linked) write really interesting blogs that tell me all about a far different life-style than mine but there's still lots in there I can relate to - particularly Daisy's lovely family stories. If I can find blogs for Paul and Adam, I'll link them too so you can check them out. In fact I'm going back into that map and see if I can work out links for all my blog friends around the world. I know there are more readers out there; it would be great if you pinned the map too so I can revel in our diverse and far-flung cyber-community.

Adding to yesterday's list of frustrations, today I can add the big one...automated telephone answering systems. 20 minutes wait on Optus today, but at least, for once, I did receive satisfaction when I spoke to a real consultant. At least I think I did. Ever since I changed my mobile provider to Optus, I no longer get caller ID coming up. It used to appear on Telstra. Finally I got around to asking about it and it seems they had not checked the right box. I'm assured it will work now. Can somebody I know that has caller ID activated on their phone give me a call on the mobile so I can see whether it does work now? While on the path of correcting the faults in my mobile phone, I spoke to Nokia to find out why (once again only since I changed to Optus) the incoming voices are so faint that I can only hear about 30% of most calls and need to keep irritatingly begging people's pardon. Seems there is a function (using the up arrow during a call) that increases the volume - I tried it and it works. I've been putting up with these irritations for about 2 years now without trying to do anything about them. No-one can say I'm slow!

I find it rewarding out of all proportion when I finally get stuff fixed that's been annoying me for ages, but then I wonder, - why do I just put up with things for so long before taking action?

// posted by night-rider @ 3:28 pm #
Comments:
isn't if funny when you put something new on the blog, it is so easy to become obsessed over it?!? Oh yeah, and SC does stand for South Carolina.

Keep Bloggin'
 
Thank you for the plug, night rider...you are so sweet to enjoy my stories! Great Blog!
 
Oh wow! South Carolina, my home state! Out of our 50 states, you will find a type of southern culture that caused me to move as far away as possible. But, I am constantly driven back..

Check out Charleston SC for all the history, Clemson SC for football madness, and Darlington SC for a place where time stands still.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?