<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 13, 2004


Internet discourse 


I intended to entitle this post internet intercourse but decided it just wasn't worth the hits from those looking for another kind of intercourse entirely!

Having limited time for internet intercourse, I'd been putting it into blogging and personal emails. Then I discovered FLM . FLM has turned out to be somewhat of a disappointment to me. People ask me to be their FLM friend, often just using the form supplied rather than adding any personal comments. I reply - then nothing! If they don't want to email new people, why are they on this site? Anyway I've met a few nice people and had a small amount of correspondence, but I've met one new correspondent who is taking up all my former blogging time. We are having a real, two way dialogue, getting to know each other. He's a very intelligent and interesting man and it's such fun to get to know a new person this way. Somehow it cuts out all the social niceties and small talk and you get down to the interesting stuff like real opinions and lifestyle choices in an instant. So in a way I'm glad most of the other FLMers turned out to be uninterested in becoming regular cyber-pals, otherwise I might have to give up my day job.

On that subject, I was reading an interesting article being promoted on the blogger home page about blogger burnout that I'm sure every blogger can relate to - even if you are not in the mega site league.

That's it for tonight. My new glasses are still giving me trouble but don't even start me on my failed attempt to switch to contact lenses and having to call the optometrist to my home at 8.30 on Sunday night to get the lense out of my eye!

// posted by night-rider @ 11:56 pm #
Comments:
I'm so sorry if it seems I've deserted you. I've been tied up in personal issues. I've sent details to you at your FML mailbox. Forgive me?

I'm thrilled to hear you've made a gentleman friend over there. Do you think that will go beyond friendship? Or are you completely uninterested in anything beyond friendship?

I've had a similarly disappointing experience so far with the FLM, except of course for you and an older married gentleman who shares many of my interests and unlike many men seems able to have a friendship only discourse with a woman.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?