<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 20, 2004


Blogger's guilt 


Looks like I've got the new menu thingy that allows me to change fonts, colours etc on my blog whether I wanted it or not!  Thing is, I liked being able to 'bold' the headline - and now I can't - not with the 'b' function nor with the suggested "cntrl B"...and I seem to be able to change fonts, but unfortunately can't remember which font I had chosen for my blog originally.  I'm going with Arial today as it is one I often choose.
 
I didn't have much to say anyway but was accosted by blogger's guilt.  I've been so busy chatting to FLM correspondents that I seem to get rid of all my urge to chat and have nothing left for blogging.
 
Thanks to BitchinNY who sent me directions to where I can download that cute blogger's map. I'm going to attempt to place it on my blog later today but make no guarantees as to whether I will be able to work out how to do it.  If I do, you'll have the option to place a pin on the map of the world to show me where my readers live - please do it!
 
Something strange has happened to me since I became single.  People have started talking to me.  They don't usually, at least not virtual strangers - friends have always been few, close and confiding - but I now find myself the beneficiary of long chats and invitations to coffee from the neighbours with whom I've shared no more than a nod and a smile for 4 years.  This of course comes with its own set of problems.  A neighbour couple who are very nice but with whom I have the greatest difficulty finding any real point of connection, have invited me for coffee twice in a week because they think I must be lonely.  Now they have borrowed money from me! -only a small amount and they said they were stuck, some long and involved story about leaving the wallet on top of a soft-drink machine, but I think I may have been better off when we knew each other less well.
 
A second couple, around my age are real talkers - their life stories in half hour bursts - hmmm!
 
But it's the 'confiding' strangers that are most unusual.  The senior work connection who confided to me in an hour and a half-long chat the other day all his work-related problems. The woman who doesn't work in my organisation but is a business connection, confiding her terrible personal troubles... I'm flattered by their confidences and they are right in believing I won't pass them on but it feels quite strange - maybe I've grown a less-forbidding aspect lately. 

I've always enjoyed sharing people's real thoughts, feelings, problems, rather than social small-talk, and have a number of more intimate connections where this kind of communication is our norm...but it's strange to pick up two new intimates in one week...strange for me anyway, it usually takes me quite a while to get to know someone that well.




// posted by night-rider @ 5:12 pm #
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?