<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, June 20, 2004


Food Glorious Food 


On a stroll around our local markets this morning, sandwiched between the best neck massage and the purchase of local free-range eggs, I treated myself to some Asian sweets. There is always an interesting selection of these on offer and although I can't be dragged past the cassava cake and the creme caramel; if they aren't available, I get adventurous. Today I bought sticky wild rice flavoured with palm sugar, sticky rice with coconut milk wrapped in banana leaf and these fantastic little soft custardy thingos in square cup-cake holders made of some bright green leaf. I don't know what they were called but they sure were yummy - bright white, salty coconut cream topping and cassava or taro or something with lumps of palm sugar on the bottom. I'll post a photo.

On the subject of Darwin's delightful range of takeaway food, we have a new resident van parked along the foreshore. Wood-fired pizza! It smelt wonderful and the italian chef (done up in chef's cap no less) just added to the appeal. Unfortunately I was on foot and without money, but maybe next Sunday.

// posted by night-rider @ 11:24 pm #
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?