<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 02, 2004


Computer Hell 


Using the internet can be very scary when you don't know much. I was enraptured by blogger's new innovation of free photos via Hello. Downloaded the program and was having lots of fun. Then tonight it would no longer work and I kept being directed to provide my email address whereupon I would be given directions via email to register my login. OK, I don't know what's going on, so I do as requested. Nothing appears in my email box, so I try to use the program again, and again, and again....always receiving the same message. Finally I get a new message that tells me to download the program. So I do. While I'm saving it, I notice that it has numbers after Hello and is a .exe file - it takes quite a while to download. Then a new icon appears on my desktop Hello plus the numbers, but the graphic is different. When I click on that, I don't get to use Hello that way either. Then I start to get really scared... have I just downloaded some virus or worm to my new computer? I haven't got a clue. I try to delete the .exe program and it appears to just delete from the desktop icon - I can't find it listed anywhere else. Then I decide to delete the original Hello program as well, but to do that, I need to go through the control panel and program delete. Well, this wasn't the entry I meant to make on my blog tonight but all the above has taken up my blogging time. I just hope I haven't screwed up bigtime!

If anyone out there knows what is happening, I'd be glad if you'd enlighten me.

// posted by night-rider @ 10:30 pm #
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?