<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 18, 2004


Spirituality 




This is my entry for week 14 of blogger idol on the theme of spirituality  


I'm squatting beside a pool of clear spring water. Chocolate mud softly squeezes between my toes and I watch it cover the tiny green fronds of some amphibious ground-creeping plant. It's cool, shaded and dim here but sunlight filters through ferns and pierces the water, lighting the multi-coloured pebbles that lie on the sandy bottom of the pool. The low sandstone cliff opposite is dark with water emanating from a small spring.

My 9 year old son splashes happily naked, posturing and searching for crayfish beneath rocky ledges. The cold water raises goose bumps on his skinny body.

I am at peace; at one with nature.

Spirituality to me is this singular linkage with nature's bounty. It contains all kindness, beauty, purity and love. It needs no dogma or religious interpretation. It is me and I am it - a single soul in harmony with creation.

// posted by night-rider @ 10:12 pm #
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?