<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, March 26, 2004


Intimate secrets 


That's the whole point isn't it. Unless you are prepared to reveal a whole lot more of yourself than I am, or have absolute passions on which you can interminably track information and/or rant, or a whole community of blogging friends, the blog quickly gets tedious to read. Then you start to wonder, "why am I doing this?" - I can talk to myself verbally, do I really need to write to myself as well? Maybe I should just go back to emailing the couple of people who write back.

I know I'm going to get into it again, just not much for a while, 'cause I'll be away and then might have to buy a new computer, but I will be back and then I'm going to get into it - maybe, probably...

What fascinating facts am I prepared to reveal this week, well to understand my point of view I guess you need to understand that, like many people in Darwin, I'm a long way away from family and friends and under these circumstances, when you work in a small, close-knit unit, these people tend to become...well, something much more than workmates, more like a cross between family and friends.

So, still reeling from the misfortunes of our boss's family, our second most senior person stepped into the breach to co-ordinate our activities for a while. Now he's had a heart attack.

I spent much of the week trying to put out media fires started by some pipsqueak who decided to speak out about his problems with our organisation in a close and personal chat with the Chief Minister on local radio. Spent 3 hours of my day off (yes folks, that's the day a week I don't get paid for) making telephone calls on my private phone about work.

Sitting on Darwin wharf eating Singapore noodles with prawns and pork and an evening at the Trailer Boat Club celebrating a friend's birthday were nice.

Reading: Lunch with Mussolini by Derek Hansen. I read another book of his Lunch with the Generals years ago now and really enjoyed it. This is sort of a reprise on the theme, but an excellent concept and an interesting yarn none-the-less.

Might go have a look at blogger idol for this week.

God, I'm really going to have to invent a life if I want to go on with this!

// posted by night-rider @ 11:13 pm #
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?