<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, March 20, 2004


Get a blog for a life 


Having discovered blogging, I've realised you don't even have time for a life, let alone need one.

I admit to being a bit on the slow side - I can easily spend an hour on such dreadful local rags as The NT News or The Illawarra Mercury- being in the habit of starting at page one and reading pretty much everything up to and including the 'stars', the comics, and the classifieds. Now I find I spend 4 or 5 hours a night checking other people's blogs.

It's like a drug. Once you start clicking those links you just can't stop. I'm stumbling around all day with red eyes and a hangover.

What's worse is how humbling it all is. There are so many erudite and talented people blogging. Are all the clever people in the world spending their whole lives doing it rather than it? Where do they get the time to post all this stuff? The fact the posts contain links to the world's major news stories and fascinating sidelines and distractions indicates they actually spend time reading as well as thinking and writing.

Most of them even seem to have a life!

This is my pick from tonight's smorgasbord; Darwin-based lawyerand friends get stuck into law, politics, Northern Territory issues, news and lifestyle. I chose it because it was listed as the Northern Territory winner of the   Aussie Blog Awards, but found enough reading to do me till the end of the year. Look for Ken Parish's posts.

// posted by night-rider @ 12:20 am #
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?