<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 07, 2004



7/3/04 My first post on my first blog. What a lot I have to learn but what an exciting challenge and an opportunity to subject the world to my random thoughts! My first question:

Q: Does it matter whether anyone reads your posts - or is the act of publishing sufficient reward?

My Answer: I often muse on a similar question when listening to ABC Darwin radio, as is my wont. On weekday afternoons, sometime between 5.30 and 6.00pm when I am driving home from work, they broadcast something called 'The News-hound Quiz'. The quiz used to consist of 5 questions based on the news broadcast throughout that afternoon on that radio station. Typically for the ABC, the prizes are not great - the person who answers question 5 goes into a draw to win a video, an ABC cap or some such gem at the end of the week. Lately the questions have reduced to 3. Sometimes it takes the presenter 10 minutes to get anyone at all to ring up. Does this mean I am the only person listening I wonder half seriously? Yet what I do really wonder is how that makes the hard-working producer and presenter of the show feel. How does it feel to put your intellect and your energies into broadcasting -or publishing- to have your words eaten up by a vast silence. Is there anybody out there?

I'd love to hear your views but, since this is my first post, I have no idea how to facilitate comments on this blog.... hopefully I will learn soon. Sweet dreams from the night-rider.

// posted by night-rider @ 11:12 pm #
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?